Making teenagers happy is a skill unto it's own, but making a group of teenagers happy for a party or an event is even more challenging. Teenagers in this era are very intelligent and get bored very easily. Most of the common party games just aren't enough to grab their interest and keep it for any real length of time. You need something with a thrill, something to get their heart rate up. First things first, ask your teenager what type of party they would like to have along with what type of events/games/inflatables they would like at their party.
The key is to not break the bank while still throwing an amazing party that aligns with your teenagers interests. Trust me, it's always doable. And everyone can have a great time.
There are multiple options that align perfectly for a teenager's party. Parties that include laser-tag, video game parties, obstacle course races and extreme water slides with pools at the bottom just to name a few. These activities are especially geared toward teenagers, but will be just as fun for almost about every other age group.
Video game parties are great, but there are a few items to take into considerationn.
- Are you renting to video game equiment or using your own? We currently do not provide that service at Clownin' Around, but there are companies that do in the Louisville area.
- If You Plan To Use Your Own Equipment (this applies to all game systems includes XBox One, Playstation and Nintendo Wii U)
- Make sure you have enough controllers, 4 at a minimum
- Test and make sure all your controllers work along with section properly (your teenager should be able to help with this)
- If your remotes use batteries, ensure you have extra on hand (most controllers use "Double-A")
- Ensure your television is big enough, 50 Inches should suffice but bigger is always better
- Game selection is key, we want to have multiplayer games where rounds don't last very long so everyone gets a change to play
- Street FIghter 4 or 5, Tekken, Mortal Kombat (always a good bet for multiplayer fighting games where all the party-goers get to play without standing around for extending perios of time)
- Mario Party if you have Nintendo products
- FIght Night for quick two player fun
- Be sure to check and double check that everyting is working properly before the party, I'm sure your teenager can help you on that front.
Laser tag is a great alternative for some party fun. Participants group into teams or you can play individually. JUst try to make sure that there isn't anyone being left out of the fun. If you have to have odd man teams so be it.
Obstacle courses offer an intense physical challenge for youngsters with a lot of pent-up energy. There are many variations on this type of activity with specific tasks involving physical challenges in order to complete the assigned course. You can to mix in plenty of ideas for this one. You can split players into teams to have a mkeshift relay race. The good thing about this is that it can be done both inside along with outside. Some park venues are perfect for huge obstacle races so it would be worthwhile to consider these as well. JUst make sure you call the park in advance to find out the regulations along with whether or not you will need to provide your own power.
In summary, there are yet many forms of enteraining activities that would easily grab the interest of teenagers. All it takes is a little creativity as well as plenty of planning. Teenagers are at the stage where they are transitioning to early adulthood. But one thing that doesn't change is their ability to appreciate and feel that their parents are able to address their needs accordingly. They will surely show their appreciation if they would know that their parents have their best interests at heart. So it would be a very good lesson for parents to plan accordingly as well as be attuned to their children's particular needs. That being said, having to think of appropriate party ideas shouldn't be that much difficult in the long run, especially with the help of the kids themselves. We hope this helps plan your next teenage level party, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions at (502) 625-5907.